Head of Department:
The Department of Scientific and Technical Programs is a structural unit of the University.
In its activity the department is guided by the Laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Decrees and Resolutions of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Decisions and Resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan and other regulatory and legal acts, the Regulations of the International University of Tourism "Silk Road", Decisions of the Council of the University, decisions and tasks of hardware meetings, orders and instructions of the University, as well as this Statute.
- Search and identification of commercially promising developments in the research sphere, organization of their examination, assistance in project registration and their implementation.
- Formation of the University commercial policy in innovation and research activities.
- Conducting research aimed at forming long-term plans for the development of innovation directions in the scientific research sphere of the University.
- Development and implementation of the University' s intellectual property policy aimed at promoting innovation and research activities.
- Ensuring the protection of the University's unique rights to intellectual property objects created as a result of innovation and research activities, and assisting in their promotion to the sphere of real production and services for practical application (implementation).
- Adding to the database on innovation and research potential of the University structural units.
- Search and identification of commercially promising ideas and developments in the innovation and research sphere, organization of their expertise.
- Searching and raising funds for prospective developments/research of the University through participation in international, national and regional competitions and grants, target programs and other activities.
- Provision of information, advice and administrative support to University staff in search of investment in projects, research and development of the University.
- Advisory support in project design for submission to international, federal and regional competitions and grants, targeted programmes and other events.
- Coordination and ensuring effective interaction of the University' s structural units in terms of creating promising developments and implementing projects.
- Assistance in the development and implementation of innovative proposals, research projects and programs aimed at creating knowledge-intensive technologies and competitive products and services.
- Monitoring of competitions held by various funds and ministries, informing the University departments.
- Assistance in developing cooperation and establishing partnership of the University with ministries and departments, educational institutions, research and scientific and production institutions, funds, investment institutions and other organizations in Uzbekistan and abroad.
- Ensuring protection of the intellectual property of the University, including the organization of international patents for the University.
- Providing employees of the University - the authors of the results of intellectual activity of the University with consulting, information and administrative assistance in the implementation of their property and personal non-property rights under the current legislation.
- Preparation, organization and holding of educational cycles, scientific and practical seminars, conferences, symposiums, round tables, meetings, exhibitions, contests, competitions and other events in the main areas of the Division's activities.