Head of Department:
The Department for Research and Innovation is a structural unit of the University.
The Department in its work is regulated by the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Decrees and Resolutions of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Resolutions and Orders of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan, orders and instructions of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on development of tourism, the Charter of the International University of Tourism "Silk Road", Decisions of the Academic Council of the University, as well as by regulations of the university administration.
Main tasks of the department:
- Organization and coordination of scientific, innovative and publishing work of the university;
- Increasing the publication activity of students and university professors;
- Improving the quality and relevance of ongoing scientific research;
- Development of scientific cooperation with top universities, research centres, organizations and enterprises in order to enhance the integration processes of education and science and increase the effectiveness of teaching and research activities;
- Rendering organizational and methodological assistance to the teaching staff in the conduct of their scientific research;
- Assistance in raising the level of internationalisation of the university;
- Participation in the development of the most important scientific problems of advanced development and improvement of higher education.
Main functions of the department:
- Planning, organization, monitoring and control of scientific, innovative and publishing work of the University;
- Publishing the results of research activities;
- Organization of work to increase the publication activity of students and university professors in the world ranking journals;
- Organization and holding of scientific events, round tables, seminars, symposiums, international and national conferences on problems of tourism development in Uzbekistan;
- Organization of participation of PhD candidates, researchers and university students in competitions and grants that support research and innovation activities;
- Providing consulting and methodical assistance to university students to activate and participate in research works;
- Improving the quality of tourism specialist training through active use of research results and innovations in the training process;
- The preparation and provision of statistical data and reporting documentation on the department's activities at the request of regulatory authorities and organizations;