Head of the Department: Sidikova Mastura Hakberdievna
Phone: +99899 597 19 83
The Department is a structural unit of the university.
The main goal of the Department’s activity is to provide qualitative educational process, coordinated by the implementation of educational-methodical, scientific, scientific-methodical and pedagogical work, as well as the development of the most effective teaching technologies on the basis of integration of the educational process, project and professional activity in the following specialties and directions of training:
- Professional education (by directions of tourist activity);
- Marketing in the sphere of tourism;
- Tourism (by directions of activity);
- Technology of services in the sphere of tourism and their education;
- Projecting in the sphere of tourism;
- Logistics in tourism activities;
- Hospitality business;
- Management of mass events.
The goal of the Department is to train and develop professional staff in the field of tourism and social services, able to properly conduct office work, speech culture and literacy in the Uzbek language, successfully train and implement staff in the dynamic and global business environment of the XXI century.
The diversification of the Department’s activities, the development of new types of training, which are in high demand in the market of educational and social services.
Development and introduction of modern educational technologies, improvement of the content and methods of teaching. Ensuring the control procedure by means of surveys and questionnaires of students, as well as the introduction of testing systems in the educational process. Developing the Department’s website and publishing teaching and learning materials on it, allowing the Department to conduct training, alternating classes in classrooms with distance learning.
- Improvement of the Department’s competitiveness in the sphere of education of theory and practice, office work, speech culture and literacy in Uzbek in the sphere of tourism and social services. Development of scientific topics and concepts:
- Theory and methodology of modern professional education management in tourism.
- Creative and strategic approach in office management, speech culture and literacy in Uzbek in the sphere of tourism and social services.
- Innovative methods and methods of education in the field of tourism.
- Foreign experience in training in tourism and social services.
- An unconventional approach in training in tourism.
The principles of the Department’s development
- the openness of structure, plans, strategy;
- technological efficiency of methods, tools, techniques and procedures for conducting educational and scientific activities;
- building up the spirit of a united team, sharing the goals and ideology of the Department on the basis of strengthening and developing traditions and social values, which promotes participation in the common cause, strengthening the image, satisfaction with the work performed and increasing its efficiency;
- integration (creating a system of communication networks around the Department), involvement of its graduates in the sphere of the Department’s interests;
- implementation of the feedback based on the evaluation of the obtained knowledge by questionnaire, conferences, involvement of the graduates in the scientific and educational and methodical work of the Department;
- development of the competitive benefits of the Department (strengthening the existing ones and creating new competitive benefits).
Functions of the Department
- participation in training and professional retraining using methods and technologies of modern linguistics and social sciences;
- to share knowledge in the field of science and practice through training and publication, including on the Internet, of educational, methodological and scientific literature;
- conducting research and development on the problems of professional education in tourism and social services, publication of the results of research in scientific journals, presentations by scientists of the Department with reports and presentations at international, Russian, regional, sector-specific and other scientific conferences and forums;
- enhancement of intellectual potential and continuous professional development of the Department staff.
Currently, there are 10 teachers working in the Department. There is 1 doctor of sciences, professor, 4 candidates of sciences, associate professors and 5 assistants. In addition, guest professors from leading educational institutions of Canada and England conduct lectures on tourism in the field of professional education.
At the training facilities of tourism and social services companies, practical classes in the disciplines of the occupational cycle, work training and internships are organized, applied projects of active tourism and social services are implemented. These technological platforms are the main partners for employment of graduates.
Students studying in the areas of professional education (tourism) have been trained at tourism and hotel enterprises in Italy, Germany, Turkey and Indonesia.
In the work on professional education (tourism), the Department focuses on innovative and project-based training of students, based on the study of fundamental concepts in combination with applied skills, based on professional language knowledge and creative learning. Such approach in training is aimed at maximum social-psychological and pragmatic-functional adaptation of university graduates to the future professional activity, taking into account the whole complex of requirements of modern economy and meeting the requirements of world standards.
The structure of the Department includes scientific student clubs in the following directions:
- Young speakers (supervisor: D.B. Yuldasheva).
Within the framework of the student clubs the research, research and applied work in the form of research expeditions, development of author's individual and group projects is conducted. In accordance with the results of research work of students' for the last year under the guidance of the teaching staff of the Department and students were published 20 scientific works, of which:
- 12 - in collections indexed by the RSCI
- 2 - in the HAC publications;
- 6 - in international collections and journals.